** NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANY APPLICANT QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR APPLICATION PROCESS **
HOW TO APPLY
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY IN PERSON AT:
INLAND EMPIRE ELECTRICAL TRAINING CENTER (IEETC)
1855 BUSINESS CENTER DRIVE
SAN BERNARDINO, CA 92408
(NEAREST CROSS STREETS – HOSPITALITY LANE & COMMERCENTER DRIVE EAST)
- The electrical trade requires physical effort such as: climbing, crawling, crouching, and working in cramped quarters
- Because wiring is frequently keyed in color for connecting purposes, the worker cannot be colorblind
- Work will be performed both indoors or outdoors and in a variety of weather conditions
- Travel may be required
- Demonstrate fluency in the English language
- Applicants selected for employment will be subject to drug screening prior to acceptance
- Applicants testing positive for any controlled substance will be disqualified
APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED:
- On the 1st working Monday of the month
- Between 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ONLY
- No applications will be accepted between 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- No applications will be accepted for the month of June, August & December
The following documents must be submitted upon filling out the application for you to be considered as an eligible applicant:
- Photocopy of your High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Photocopy of your Birth Certificate showing you are at least 18 years of age
- Official, Unopened, Sealed Transcripts verifying one of the following:
a) One Year (Two Semesters) of High School Algebra 1 or higher (excluding Geometry) with a passing grade of ‘C’ or higher OR
b) One Semester of College Algebra 1 (excluding Geometry) with a passing grade of ‘C’ or higher OR
c) Successfully completed the Electrical Training Alliance – Technical Math course (presentation of the completion certificate must be provided at the time of application) OR
d) Successfully completed the ALEKS – High School Algebra 1A/B course (presentation of the completion certificate must be provided at the time of application)
In the event transcripts do not specifically define Algebra 1 or higher, a letter from the school must be presented verifying that the math course taken is equivalent to Algebra 1 or higher.
If your school provides digital transcripts, they will need to be emailed directly from the school ONLY. Email digital transcripts to: email@example.com
All foreign transcripts must be translated in English in order to be accepted.
ORIGINAL HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND/OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, PHOTOCOPIES ONLY. IEETC WILL NOT MAKE ANY PHOTOCOPIES OF DOCUMENTS. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Veterans – Who have a minimum of (2) year of direct Electrical/Electronic experience, can show verification with their DD214, may be eligible to bypass the aptitude test requirement and proceed directly to the oral interview process.
Following verification of eligibility and completion of the application, the applicant will be informed of the date and time they are scheduled to take the Written Aptitude Test, administered by the Electrical Training Trust. The test battery consists of reading comprehension and algebra/trigonometry.
Applicants receiving a score of 5 or higher, will be notified by mail of the date and time of their oral interview.
Upon completing the oral interview process, you will be placed on an eligibility list based on your interview score and remain active for (2) years from your interview date. Your placement on the list may vary following each offering of the aptitude test and/or apprentice selections. You are not guaranteed selection into the Apprenticeship Program.
All applications are kept on file for (2) years from the original application date. You must complete the ENTIRE application/testing process if you are not selected into the Apprenticeship Program. Our office does not keep copies of original documents submitted.
Applicants must notify the IEETC of any changes to contact information
The Inland Empire Electrical Training Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer